Stantec Field Engineer - Civil/Structural/Earthworks in Dallas, Texas
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a Field Engineer to support a large wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) project in Dallas, TX. Candidates who have time served in the industry with a strong technical or alternate academic background in construction are encouraged to apply.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
Selected individuals will provide technical and field support to project management and project supervision staff to ensure construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule and in accordance with company policy and engineering standards.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees following the company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assist with subcontractor procurement and management, package development, construction layout, material and equipment procurement, submittal review, manpower scheduling, quantity takeoffs, labor productivity reporting, document controls, material purchases, deliveries and inventory, and project controls.
• Perform ongoing field and quality inspections; verify all completed work complies with applicable work plans, permits, codes, drawings, and specifications.
• Prepare and disseminate required documentation records such as materials and equipment submittals, status reports, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
• Prepare drawings and sketching’s to support construction work, temporary works, work method statements, change orders, estimates, etc.
• Prepare/facilitate and submit work method statements, ensure requisite approvals and permits are obtained prior to work commencement.
• Provide in the field support to supervision and craft labor to facilitate the planned and safe execution of construction activities and lead selected activities as required or directed
• Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors initiate RFI’s and follow through to resolution.
• Layout and provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials.
• Review incoming correspondence and initiate action on it, record minutes of the weekly and monthly project site meeting, review and process the contractor’s pay applications, review of the project schedule, process RFI’s and produce weekly and monthly construction progress reports.
• Assist with review and analyze contractor claims, prepare change orders, and manage claims and change order records.
Field Engineer - Civil/Structural/Earthworks
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil, Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering or related field; an equivalent combination of time served construction experience, skills and training may also be considered as an equitable qualification.
• 2-5 years of construction, design and/or field support experience/knowledge.
• Working knowledge of construction equipment techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline.
• Ability to manage interfaces and communicate effectively with others.
• Familiarity with Project Management data base systems such as Primavera Contract Manager, Expedition, SharePoint, etc.
Civil Engineering, Construction, Field Work
• Prior experience with water/wastewater construction.
• 2+ years of civil/structural/earthworks experience on large heavy civil construction or process projects, i.e. power, gas, petrochem or mining process.
• Onsite experience with a self-performing contractor, demonstrating successful performance on projects greater than $10M.
MWH Constructors, now part of the Stantec Construction Group, is a global project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to our clients and their local communities, we provide single-source, integrated construction services and the full range of project delivery methods. Incorporating industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices, our multi-disciplined team of construction professionals delivers a wide range of projects ― including new facilities, infrastructure improvement and expansion, waste-to-energy construction, and capital construction services.
MWH Constructors offers integrated program management, engineering and construction expertise and proficiencies derived from our global engineering experience and our self-perform capabilities as a leading global contractor.
MWH Constructors leads the Stantec Construction Group comprising MWH Constructors and Slayden in the U.S. and Stantec Treatment in the U.K.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
MWH Constructors and Slayden Constructors appreciate the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to MWHC or Slaydern and/or any MWH or Slayden employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with MWHC or Slayden will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, MWHC or Slayden is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email Alicia.Slader@mwhglobal.com.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):