Stantec Senior Mechanical Engineer (Salford Quays) in Cheadle, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Senior Mechanical Engineer based at our head office in Salford Quays. You will be expected to produce superior quality engineering design services to allow the company to minimise risks and maximise profits on all contracts.
You will report directly to the lead engineer and the responsibilities will include:
• Produce mechanical design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively.
• Ensure that plant and equipment procured by the department is procured on time and to budget.
• Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible.
• Monitor design costs and provide design services appropriate to the allowance available.
• Produce monthly reports.
• Produce design budget estimates and design deliverables schedules.
• Assist with updating procedures and processes
• Co-ordinate designs with all other disciplines internal and external to MWH in order to ensure that all design elements are fully integrated.
• Provide services which focus on customer satisfaction.
• Recognise that satisfying the customer is the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
• Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Salford Quays)
• Have a knowledge of the principles of water and sewage treatment
• Degree qualified with several years relevant experience
• Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
• General knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. civil engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management
• Ability to understand technical proposals.
• Knowledge of Projectwise
• Chartered Engineer / working towards Chartership.
Construction, Mechanical Engineering
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):