Stantec Civil Engineer EIT in Calgary, Alberta
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world’s top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently—as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water’s potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system.
Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we’re helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water’s vast potential.
Stantec is currently looking to add a Civil Engineer in Training to support our growing Water Resources practice. We encourage you to apply if you possess or would like to gain experience in a broad range of water-related engineering projects, with specific emphasis on industrial stormwater management water resources infrastructure projects. Applicants should be capable of working effectively with teams and clients, and be willing to learn from peers and supervisors
• Cooperatively support multidisciplinary teams on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
• Perform preliminary and detailed analysis for industrial stormwater runoff.
• Perform detailed analysis for hydraulic and hydrologic modeling using PCSWMM modeling software.
• Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans to ensure technical accuracy.
• Inspect construction for compliance with design drawings and specifications.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, preparing proposals and budgets, and completing progress reports.
• Evaluate alternatives and resolve technical questions.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Civil or Water Resources Engineering.
Registration as an Engineer-in-Training with APEGA or qualifications to obtain this registration at the start of employment.
Strong organizational skills and multitasking ability.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels.
Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement though leadership, mentoring, and a diversity of experience.
Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
You will be based out of Calgary, but the position may require occasional project travel throughout western Canada
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter online at.
Job ID 34165
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 1
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering