Stantec Infrastructure Sustainability Advisor in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
At Stantec we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and that of our clients. Our work as leaders in this area is being recognised internationally - in 2020 Stantec was listed by Corporate Knights in the 2020 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations, and at COP26, Stantec was one of 45 organisations awarded the Terra Carta (Earth Seal) from HRH The Prince of Wales Sustainable Markets initiative – and the only engineering company on the list.
This is a growing area for us, and we need more individuals with a range of experience in the sustainability sector. There has never been a better time to join the Stantec.
Your key responsibility will be working together with our clients to support them in delivering sustainable, low carbon infrastructure solutions.
The role in a snapshot will encompass the following:
• Provide sustainability services to internal and external clients
• Lead or support the delivery of infrastructure sustainability ratings on transport infrastructure projects using the Infrastructure Sustainability Council rating tool.
• Lead or support the development of sustainability and climate resilience strategies to the required quality and timeframes
• Lead or support the delivery of carbon accounting services
• Work in collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver sustainability and environmental outcomes on projects.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing or part time employment
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning, and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss in more detail contact Charlie Durant 07 3029 5074 or apply directly online.
No Agency CVs will be accepted.
Infrastructure Sustainability Advisor
To be successful for this role you'll need most or all of the following:
• Relevant tertiary qualification in environmental science, sustainability, engineering, planning or a related discipline
• Experience using or knowledge of sustainability rating tools such as ISCA and ideally holding accredited status with the Infrastructure Sustainability Council as an Infrastructure Sustainability Accredited Professional (ISAP)
• Experience using or knowledge of carbon accounting principles and standards.
• Ability to develop and deliver technical sustainability advice for internal and external clients.
• Infrastructure sector experience in a consulting, construction, private industry, or government environment
• Experience working collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary teams to deliver sustainability and environmental outcomes on transport infrastructure design and construction projects
• Excellent report writing skills and high level of comfort working with spreadsheets
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to run meetings, present and convey complex information, listen actively and obtain relevant information
• A desire to continually develop skills and knowledge and challenge BAU
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Technology
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resource, environmental, and infrastructure projects to life.
Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships.
Australia-New South Wales Sydney, Australia-Queensland Brisbane, Australia-Victoria Melbourne
New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria
Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney