Stantec Senior Hydraulic Engineer in Brisbane, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Due to a busy pipeline of large projects, our Brisbane Hydraulic team are seeking a Senior Hydraulic Engineer to progress their career in Services consulting.
This role is suited to a proactive professional with vast project experience within the building services industry. We are involved in a variety of project types including but not limited to health care, Defence, education, retail and infrastructure.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects at different stages of completion. You will be able to apply your technical skills and demonstrate commitment in a way which ensures projects are thoroughly designed, reviewed and delivered on time.
The role will enable the successful applicant to develop in a professional and personal sense and forge a rewarding career path working on iconic projects.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Management of current and future project workloads within the Hydraulic team in terms of program, profitability, technical risk management and overall Client satisfaction.
• Support and offer guidance to Project Engineers, Designers and Graduate Engineers to enable them to perform successfully at all levels.
• Ensure that the Hydraulic Engineers/Designers maintain an appropriate level of service to key Clients.
• Specification and report writing.
• Design and documentation including project review, liaison with client and consultant team, liaison with authorities, reporting and quality audits.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and development of the Hydraulics team.
• Site and building surveys.
• Attending project meetings.
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and quality procedures.
• Contribute to our company culture.
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Ability to multitask and deliver high profile projects in a timely manner
• The ability to use initiative and think outside the box
• Self-motivated, resourceful and a great communicator
• Competence in managing risk exposure
• QBCC licenced (Hydraulic Services Designer), Mechanical Engineer Degree or equivalent
• Extensive Hydraulic Engineering experience, ideally predominately working in consultancy environment
• Sound knowledge of Australian Building Codes and standards
• Experience in creating design packages for projects
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Senior Hydraulic Engineer
Mechanical Engineer Degree or equivalent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!