Stantec Project Controls in Brisbane, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
The primary purpose of the role is to provide support to projects and project managers. To be the ‘go to person’ for logistics and monitoring. Project set up, change management, monitoring and forecasting financials, reporting, and quality control processes are the fundamentals of the role.
A Project Controls role means your monitoring and forward-looking assistance supports the objectives of each project, thereby supporting leadership to support Project Managers to plan, program, coordinate and manage their projects.
The role, depending on experience, also includes undertaking task management of individual projects components, as delegated and be named ‘conditionally approved’ as a project manager on some smaller, transactional, logistics based, monitoring only type projects. On larger projects as Project Controls, you may also interact with the client representatives on specific tasks and depending on the size of a project, for a time, solely work on one Project.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Assist the Project Manager(s) to coordinate and deliver projects in accordance with the Project Management Framework (PMF), particularly in terms of budgets, scope, timeframes, profitability and risk.
• Implement established project control processes and procedures for project execution, including, but not limited to, earned value management, management of change, and forecast cost and revenue projections.
• Assisting to ensure approvals for contracts and sub agreements are in place, insurances and prequalification questionnaires are up to date
• Assisting to ensure Project QA and Safety protocols are adhered to.
• When requested/directed by the appropriate leader or Project Manager, organise and schedule communication processes with the project teams including meetings, recording minutes, following up the status of action items.
• Respond to requests (whether from internal & external client) in a timely manner.
• Understand the project management and financial month end calendars and project managers requirements with that calendar
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Several years’ (2-5 years) work experience in relevant industries or related roles that required high self-organisational, coordination skills.
• Understanding and experience of Project Management as a discipline.
• Strong interpersonal skills able to communicate with a wide range and levels of people, to elicit cooperation and apply diplomacy in tense situations.
• Sound MS Office Skills, proficient in Excel
• Able to coordinate numerous project documents
• Finance minded (desirable, not essential) – will be working with numbers
• Attention to detail – working with numbers and taking direction from others
• Self-organised and ability to time manage effectively
• Self-management – able to be a self-starter, proactive and assertive
• Be a team player
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Admin Support
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!