Stantec Building Services - Hydraulic Engineer in Brisbane, Australia
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Due to a busy pipeline of large projects, our Brisbane Hydraulic team are seeking a Mechanical Engineer (HVAC or equivalent engineering background) keen to progress their career in Hydraulic Services consulting.
The successful candidate will be able to apply their technical skills and demonstrate commitment in a way which ensures projects are thoroughly designed, personally reviewed and delivered on time.
Stantec are involved in a vast variety of project types including health, defence office, residential, high rise, industrial, education etc. The successful candidate will be working in strong team environment and will need to manage several projects at any one time. You will be self-motivated, resourceful and a great communicator.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Undertaking Hydraulic engineering assessment and calculations for the detailed design of building structures via instruction / guidance of senior engineers
• Completing projects in terms of program, quality and overall Client satisfaction
• Site and building surveys.
• Documentation and modelling within the 3D environment (desirable but not essential at this stage)
• Attending project meetings.
• Adhere to professional standards, ethics and quality procedures.
• Contribute to our company culture
To be successful for this role you'll need:
• Mechanical Engineer Degree or equivalent
• Previous Hydraulic services experience
• Experience in creating design packages for projects
• Revit experience advantageous
• Ability to multitask and deliver high profile projects in a timely manner
• The ability to use initiative and think outside the box
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts, job sharing and part time employment.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including Global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI)
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Building Services - Hydraulic Engineer
Mechanical Engineer Degree or equivalent
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Mechanical Engineering
We’re active members of the communities we serve. That’s why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, energy and resources, environmental, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!