Stantec Lead Civil Design Engineer (Southern Water) in Brighton, United Kingdom
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their engineering team with a Lead Civil Design Engineer for our CMDP joint venture framework. Based at the Falmer office you will be expected to lead the development of detail design on one or more projects and to ensure cost effective, technically compliant and buildable solutions are approved and handed over to the construction teams.
CMDP is a joint venture between Stantec Treatment and Costain and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex).
You will report directly to the technical manager and the responsibilities will include:
• Ensure designs are completed in accordance with CDM Regulations
• Provide design solutions that meet all of the requirements of the programme’s systems and governance procedures
• Produce design solutions which are cost-effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be purchased, installed and commissioned effectively
• Establish collaborative working relationships with construction staff and supply chain representatives to promote buildability and supply chain efficiency in design outputs
• Agree the design budget, monitor performance against the budget and provide forecast costs to completion for individual projects
• Monitor and control design hours against allowances
• Record, monitor and control design changes in order to maximise cost efficiency
• Establish and agree design costs and programme timescales with the Project Manager
• Organise the work required and document it in the Project Management Plan
• Deliver the design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget
• Coordinate design outputs across all technical disciplines
• Prepare monthly project status reports
• Raise and monitor technical queries through to resolution
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this role
Lead Civil Design Engineer (Southern Water)
• Degree in civil engineering
• Experience of technical project delivery in a design-build environment
• Experience in the water/wastewater treatment Industry
• Experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary design teams
• Chartered Engineer in an engineering-related discipline
• Experience of working for a global organisation
• Experience of working with remote/geographically-dispersed teams
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We’re known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):