Stantec Document Controller (Southern Water) in Brighton, United Kingdom
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their office team with a Document Controller for our CMDP (Southern Water) joint venture framework. Based at the Falmer office you will be providing support to site-based teams across the Southern Water region.
Within this role you will provide Document Control services to the operational team who are currently using Microsoft SharePoint ® to store and manage project and non-project documents. CMDP will also be using Business Collaborator (BC), which Southern Water are currently implementing, as well as a number of other IT systems.
CMDP is a joint venture between Costain & Stantec Treatment and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water’s water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). The individual projects are the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants, including pumping stations and sea outfalls. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M.
You will report directly to the Systems Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Attending all CMDP sites scanning, upload and management of documents within the eDMS in line with best practice standards
• Understanding and adhere to legal, contract, Southern Water and CMDP document management requirements.
• Distribution of documents internally and externally
• Carry out other project and non-project related activities as required
• Assist in the production and supply of electronic and hard copy documents (where appropriate)
• Maintaining and improvement of document management processes
• Measure and report performance within the area of responsibility
• Undertake governance activities in relation to Document Control records and activities
• Deal with enquiries efficiently and effectively
Document Controller (Southern Water)
• High level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office suite and other IT systems.
• Microsoft SharePoint
• Highly organised with an attention to detail, ability to plan and prioritise own workload, able to work effectively to deadlines.
• Ability to communicate effectively with peers and senior engineers in both verbal and written.
• Good interpersonal skills and team worker
• Full UK driving licence and the ability to travel within the Southern Water region, mainly to the East of the M23/A23.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):