Stantec Senior Civil Engineer in Bellevue, Washington
Stantec is currently looking to add a Civil Engineer to support our Fisheries Engineering Group in our Waterpower and Dams Practice. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering design in the field of fisheries engineering, hydraulic analysis, dams and hydroelectric facilities.
This position applies advanced knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields, with specific emphasis in fisheries engineering, hydraulics and engineering design related to large infrastructure projects. We encourage applicants to apply that are capable of working effectively with teams and clients and be willing to learn from peers and supervisors.
This position is based out of our Bellevue, WA location (Greater Seattle Area) and supports projects in the Western US.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Serve as project engineer on small- to mid-sized projects and work on several projects concurrently.
• Perform preliminary and detailed civil engineering design, hydraulic analysis, design of hydraulic structures and design of fabricated metal components.
• Participant on multidisciplinary teams in an office environment as well as in virtual team environment.
• Preparation of studies, design criteria, design reports, plans and specifications, and quality assurance reviews of related designs and construction plans, and support of construction.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of various reports to ensure technical consistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation.
•Inspect construction for compliance with specifications; review and approve drawings; conduct field inspections; review progress versus schedule.
• Support multi-disciplinary teams on civil, mechanical and structural engineering projects.
• Evaluate alternatives and resolve technical questions.
• Assist with preparation of budgets and scopes of work.
• Organize, draft and coordinate production of drawings and specifications to ensure technical accuracy.
• Assist in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, and completing progress reports.
• Perform or assist technical staff in field activities including site inspections, shop inspections, monitoring and other fieldwork.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guideline and policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• B.S. in Civil Engineering and a PE License
• The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills, multitasking ability, and excellent computer skills. The position also requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, report preparation, and the ability to work with engineering staff at all levels. Some travel may be required.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the design and implementation of large infrastructure projects.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to prepare complete, concise and organized engineering calculations and analyses.
• Will be based out of Bellevue, WA, but requires willingness to work in a virtual team across offices and occasional project travel throughout Western US
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
•Solid knowledge of relevant design codes and standards.
Additional Consideration For;
• Master's Degree
• Supervisory skills
• Previous consulting work experience in engineering design for hydraulic structures
• Project Management Experience and/or PMI Certifications or equivalent technical design leadership
Job ID 34090
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 8
Discipline Power Engineering