Stantec Senior Civil Engineer - Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand
Senior Civil Engineer (Water)
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role:
• We are looking for a driven individual to step into the exciting and challenging role of senior Waters engineer in our Auckland (Newmarket) office.
• You will be part of a dynamic team working closely with our clients throughout the wider Auckland region to deliver projects whilst enjoying the Auckland office culture which has a vibrant social club, exciting projects and great development opportunities.
• This is an exciting opportunity for a professional engineer with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects to work collaboratively with our clients and colleagues across Asia Pacific. You will have a chance to work on projects from the initial investigation and detailed design right through to completion of construction.
• You will work with a diverse client set from local government through to private developers.
• You will join an Auckland team that works on infrastructure projects, not only locally, but across New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific region.
What you need to bring
• Our preferred candidate for this role will have proven technical experience in general Civil Water engineering projects encompassing Waters infrastructure. (You will have the technical support of our extensive design resources based in New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific area).
• You will be experienced dealing with a range of clients and stakeholders including local authorities, government bodies and commercial companies.
• In this exciting position, your own self-management skills will be as important as your technical and project management ones. You will need to be able to prioritize workloads whilst maintaining strong and trusting working relationships with our Clients' and colleague's both locally and across the broader Stantec team.
• You will be able to work with remote teams to deliver projects to local clients.
• Key requirements are a BE Civil Engineering or equivalent, plus a minimum of 10 years professional experience in the consulting or engineering industry.
• CPEng or equivalent is preferable.
What we offer:
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Senior Civil Engineer - Auckland
Engineering tertiary qualification with 10 or more years’ experience.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.