Stantec Principal Structural Engineer - Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
Due to ongoing successful tenders for a variety of projects, we require a principal level structural engineer with exceptional current design skills, an ability to drive projects and the skills to review and discuss options with others in the team.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Detailed designs and calculations across a variety of water and transport related infrastructure projects as well as buildings
• Project leadership including planning, design and construct project delivery methods
• Detailed report writing
• Ability to carry out structural assessments, inspections, risk assessment and asset management activities
• Construction supervision as required
• Working closely with project teams and project manager to ensure timely and cost efficient delivery
• Developing and managing client relationships
• Mentoring and development of junior team members
Principal Structural Engineer - Auckland
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
To be a CPEng Chartered structural engineer and in the range of 15+ years professional experience in the consulting industry. You’ll have experience in water and wastewater infrastructure projects such as tanks and pump stations as well as transport infrastructure projects. Ideally you’ll have delivery leadership of projects experience and have completed design of commercial and industrial buildings.
Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development and the opportunity to mentor others
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss in more detail contact Margaret McMeel 09 580 4502 or 027 544 2930 or apply directly online.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.