Stantec Transport Modellers/Senior Transport Modellers in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, New Zealand
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind .
We care about the communities we serve—because they're our communities too. We're designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
This is an exciting time of growth and development in Stantec and we have several opportunities. Calling all Transport Modelling professionals with experience ranging from 5+ years upwards who want to be a part of this expansion. We are looking for people with skills in some or all of the following areas to enhance our team:
• Strategic and/or operation (meso, micro) modelling
• Aimsun experience ideal, but not essential
• Traffic data collation and analysis
• Transport model network construction
• Travel demand development
• Model calibration and validation
• Pedestrian, cycling, public transport and multi-modal traffic analysis
• Model testing, application, and transport assessment
• Reporting and presentation
This is your chance to take that next step into a challenging role and use your technical know-how together with your strong investigation, analytical and communication skills to deliver excellent service to our key and emerging clients in New Zealand.
We work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide cost-effective, practical, innovative technology and engineering solutions. Our current projects are being implemented across all of Asia Pacific.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Undertaking transport modelling work to support a wide range of transport projects
• Provide technical expertise in transport planning
• Supporting business development
• Maintain technical and professional standards
• Provide specialist inputs to expressions of interest and proposals.
• Participation in the supervision, growth and development of Stantec’s transportation professionals.
Transport Modellers/Senior Transport Modellers
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 5+ years and upwards relevant transport modelling experience at a professional level
• Confident and capable communicator
• Strong technical skills and knowledge
• Advanced time management skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines
• Ability to work within a team of modellers and cross-discipline transport experts.
Civil Engineering, Modeller
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary and a vibrant working environment, we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Mental Health and Wellbeing Programs
• Employee Assistance Program
How to apply
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Margaret McMeel on +64 9 580 4502 or mobile +64 275 442 930.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
New Zealand-Auckland, New Zealand-Christchurch, New Zealand-Wellington
Auckland, Canterbury, Wellington
Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington