Stantec Senior Proposal Manager in Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Wellington, New Zealand
SENIOR PROPOSAL MANAGER
Location: Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, or Dunedin are preferred although not essential – other locations will be considered
Join us and you’ll grow with the best. We’re a smart, creative, and inspired operational pursuit and marketing team that strives to position and promote the Stantec brand in this part of the world. At Stantec, we bring together over 22,000 consultants in 350 locations worldwide. And we work with local clients from 15 offices in New Zealand and nine in Australia.
As one of our Proposal Specialists, you’ll play an integral role in the development and execution of proposals, presentations and supporting materials using applicable tools, guidelines, and templates. As trusted advisors, our team collaborates with designers, engineers, scientists, planners, and project managers across the company to promote our brand, and our projects that advance the quality of life in communities around the world.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple deadlines and initiatives at once? This busy role supports our business lines across New Zealand. You’ll need to be a detail-oriented individual, with a background in marketing and/or communications—a highly organised team player who can communicate effectively, manage multiple concurrent initiatives, and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
• Managing proposals as projects planning and implementing opportunity response activities, ie, actions, deliverables, owners, milestones, reviews etc.
• Advising on development of the proposal document structure ensuring key messages remain consistent throughout
• Collecting company data and conducts internal and external research as appropriate for opportunity response documents and strategy development.
• Ensuring marketing systems and tools (SMKC, Pipeline etc) are regularly updated with BD, pursuit, marketing and pre-qualification materials, and copies of completed proposal submissions.
• Developing appropriate networks and systems within the company to facilitate identification and sharing of relevant information, best practices, etc. between offices.
• Bid writing to help develop win themes and writing compelling proposal content in partnership with technical staff.
• Supporting broader corporate marketing and business development activities including brand positioning, client engagement, business development and promotional activities, which may include writing, design, editing or other activities as necessary.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Detail-oriented and highly organised with exceptional prioritisation skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Highly proficient in the use of InDesign and the Adobe Creative Suite, and other desktop publishing programmes are also desirable.
• Ability to work effectively within a group, as well as independently, and enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies.
• Must feel comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment.
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development and wellbeing is ongoing.
• Flexible Working Arrangements including purchasing up to 4 weeks additional leave and provision for school term contracts.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Protection Insurance – Life Insurance
• Mental Health & Wellbeing Programs
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
Senior Proposal Manager
Education and Experience
• Post-secondary degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or related area preferred.
• 8+ years of experience in a marketing or communications related role.
• Experience in the Engineering / Construction / Architecture or other professional services industry is preferred but not essential.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required, and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or change at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Category: Marketing Communication PR
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 350 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring buildings, water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
New Zealand-Auckland, New Zealand-Christchurch, New Zealand-Dunedin, New Zealand-Wellington
Auckland, Canterbury, Otago, Wellington
Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Wellington