Stantec Software Engineer (Back-end) Product Development in Arnhem, Delft, Netherlands
At Stantec The Netherlands, we work at the intersection of technology, data engineering and environmental management. Our mission is to radically improve the affordability and delivery times of subsurface hazard assessments so that our clients enjoy better protection, compliance and efficiencies in the process of preparing and completing excavation works.
In pursuit of this mission, we have successfully launched various data-driven subsurface risk assessment products over the past few years. With our range of data-driven products, we enable our clients to instantly identify potential subsurface risks such as soil contamination, groundwater levels, unexploded ordnances and tree roots.
In this role, you’ll be joining our dedicated product development team to work on improving and integrating our current ETL processes and other technologies that play a key role in our ability to transform raw data into easy-to-understand information, maps and apps. You’ll work with vast volumes of environmental data and develop advanced algorithms to improve the accuracy of our data-driven products. You’ll also help with further automating the process of extracting, classifying and aggregating information.
The team you’ll be joining combines expertise in computer science, environmental management and geo-information. We partner with other leading digital solution providers in the environmental industry to enable rapid growth and meaningful advances in our product offering.
Software Engineer (Back-end) Product Development
We are looking for a Software Engineer who possesses a passion for creative problem-solving and working with a dedicated product development team. This is the perfect job for you if you are eager to work with spatial data and learn more about environmental management practices along the way.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Ideally a couple of years work experience in a similar role, graduates with relevant degrees are considered
• Demonstrated experience with C
• Understanding of SQL relational database design and multistage data transformation
• Experience with PostgreSQL/PostGIS
• Experience in working with GIS software
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
What we offer
• A role with impact in an informal, growing organization where there is much room for personal input and development;
• A good salary and secondary benefits such as a year-end bonus, mobility allowance, laptop and a good pension plan.
• An organization which values your work-life balance, vitality and organizes many (afterwork) activities.
• Do you want to work 32, 36 or 40 hours? In our office in Delft or Arnhem? The choice is yours!
Environmental Engineer, Environmental Science, Geological Engineer
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. In the Netherlands, we have over 35 years of experience in consultancy and engineering services, focusing on environment, soil, waste, infrastructure and safety. Join us, and redefine your personal best.
Curious to find out what it’s like to work at Stantec? At https://www.stantec.com/nl/careers you can find all the information you need.
If you would like to know more about this position, please feel free to contact Ivo Kervezee, Product Development Manager, phone/WhatsApp: +316 39859350. If you would like to discuss the technical aspects of this role, feel free to reach out to Antonios Mamalis, Software Engineer, phone/WhatsApp: +316 81882540.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):