Stantec Assistant Project Manager in New York, New York
Our Program & Project Management group pioneered independent project management in North America over 40 years ago, helping to define it as an over-arching profession distinct from architecture, engineering, and construction management. Exciting opportunities are available to join this passionate and talented group of professionals as we continue to set high standards for performance, innovation and service. This is a place where great ideas and rewarding careers call home. We help solve capital project challenges through the use of formal strategic and program/project management processes, enabled by project planning and management technology. Our professionals focus on managing program activities, expectations, and risk, while leading, supporting, and/or advising clients throughout all stages of the project life cycle. Our track record for success allows you to set the pace of your career.
We focus on the healthcare, higher education and other institutional clients. We act on behalf of our clients assembling project teams and providing leadership to a successful completion – on-time and within budget. Client satisfaction, value and quality are essential aspects of our business model. Good is not good enough!
We seek individuals with previous experience planning, designing, building and/or managing the development of facilities. Our approach to project management is proactive and entrepreneurial. We believe that there is no substitute for strong leadership coupled with clear and concise communications. The development team must understand the Project’s mission as well as the expected deliverables and timeframes. A comprehensive development work plan, which outlines all of the required activities, approvals and contingencies is necessary to insure success. We support the Owner to challenge assumptions and make timely decisions in the context of a complete development plan that forecasts the opportunities as well as the pit-falls. Longstanding relationships with our clients, our project teams, and regulatory agencies foster a level of trust and respect unmatched in the industry.
Possible location for this position varies: New York City, Westchester County, Poughkeepsie,NY
An Assistant Project Manager is detail-oriented, organized, dependable, resourceful, and able to perform well under the pressure of deadlines. This individual has an ambition to broaden his/her education and an eagerness to gain the knowledge and tools to advance in his/her career. An APM demonstrates professionalism in all forms of communication, attire and attendance, and can work independently and as part of a team. This individual seeks opportunities to excel in his/her work environment, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits a willingness to expand his/her capabilities. This individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently to meet all deadlines and outstanding organizational skills.
REPORTS TO: Project Manager/Project Director
• Project size, type and number vary.
• Supports PM/PD.
• Perform project management activities as assigned by and in support of project manager/director.
• This is a training position in all aspects of our work.
Assignments may include:
• Budget and schedule management
• Participate in activities of Design Team consisting of the Architect, Engineers, Equipment Planner and other consultants.
• Day to day project tracking and communication with the client and project team.
• Prepare and distribute meeting notes to the project team
• Provide direction to the Construction Team on behalf of the owner
• Develop, Track, Update, Forecast and modify the project schedule and budget throughout all phases of the project
• Review and track all contracts, invoices, and payments to all contractors, consultants, and equipment vendors.
• Support the preparation of Monthly Reports to Owner
• Assist in plan reviews and inspections with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
• Participate in the negotiation of contracts of all parties to the project
• Assist in move-in activities
• Review all invoices and change orders associated with the project
• Assist in resolving disputes and claims.
• Reports to Project Manager / Project Director
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• 1–3 years’ experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or equivalent experience.
• Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent degree, preferred.
• Strong computer skills and literacy in scheduling, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
• Understanding of and ability to read plans and specifications.
• General understanding of design and construction process and requirements.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good organizational skills and problem solving abilities.
Job ID 2015-22613
# of Openings Remaining 1
Location US-NY-New York
Experience (Years) 3
Posted Date 6/30/2015
Discipline Program & Project Management